Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Anyone who told me girls are easier than boys was totally lying!

Oh the drama! The epic emotion! The tyranny of the mood-swings of an almost-six-year-old girl!

Seriously, in my experience, a boy child is a WALK IN THE PARK by comparison.

Perhaps it is just MY boy child?

Gabriel started 3rd grade today. Kindergarten, despite being in the same school building, doesn't start until next Tuesday.

Suffice it to say that Lana is P*SSED.

We had a mini meltdown last night, that nobody likes her, she doesn't have any friends, she doesn't know anybody in her kindergarten, why does Gabe get to start school today if she doesn't, and, the topper, "EVERYONE" thinks she is "STUPID". (I'm ticked because I think a little girl in the neighborhood called her "stupid" because she didn't understand something. I have no idea how to deal with that, and it's ridiculous. Lana is, categorically, not stupid.)

She also demanded to know why she couldn't go to kindergarten with one of her friends from her pre-school. When I said, "she's going to Hebrew school and we aren't Jewish" - Lana insisted she could be Jewish if she wanted to be. (Then she demanded to know what Jewish was.)

Anyway, there have been tantrums and tears and gnashing of teeth and high-pitched screaming, and crying that no one likes her and everyone is mean to her.

I am really hoping kindergarten goes well next week. I want her to meet some new friends, I want her to have the kind of friendships she had at pre-school. (I think she has really been missing her pre-school buddies this summer.)

I just hope I can get through this weekend without throttling someone. Or myself.

I am terrified of what "12" is going to look like if "almost 6" is making an emotional wreck of both of us!

3 Comments:

Blogger David Graham and Harriet Warnock-Graham said...

Dear Lana,
Your family thinks you're a gorgeous, wonderful girl. You will always have that to remember when you bump into people who are cruel or who don't like you. Guess what! There will always be some people who like you and some who don't. There is no reason to let the ones who don't like you get you upset. Pay attention to the ones who think you're A-OK. We think you're pretty fabulous. Aunt Harriet

Sep 24, 2008, 12:52:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Gretchen,

This is Truong, an ex-social worker from Holt Vietnam, who took care your family to finalize the adoption procedure in Hanoi. How are you and Lan? Hope everything goes well now.

Would you mind if we can contact with each other? If not, please send email back to me via langxuantruong@gmail.com.

Regards,
Truong

Sep 24, 2010, 5:34:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Gretchen,

This is Truong, an ex-social worker from Holt Vietnam, who took care your family to finalize the adoption procedure in Hanoi. How are you and Lan? Hope everything goes well now.

Would you mind if we can contact with each other? If not, please send email back to me via langxuantruong@gmail.com.

Regards,
Truong

Sep 24, 2010, 5:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home